Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Andrew

This was for Andrew, someone I loved and still love today. If I could take back our past, I would.


You were my better half
After so long
I trusted you
More than myself
I relied on you and your hopes and dreams
Rather
Than
My own
Although apart
For so long
I needed you
More than I needed
Me
To be
Me
I always saw you
I think
As a piece of me
The piece that would survive
The one that would go on
Succeed
Become
All you
We
Could be
Even when my heart wasn’t
Attached
Or lay in the palm of your hand
My head and my will
Spoke
Strongly
That you
Were the half
Of me
That was sane
The half that would brave
The storm
In times of trouble
So forgive me
This debt
I have incurred
Relying on once
Familiar stability
Praying
A friendly face
Yours truly
Would ante up my own
Two feet
My own courage
My own strength
Which for so long
I have allowed
To be
In you
The missing
Piece
My other half
My better half

No comments: