Monday, April 14, 2008

"The time has come," the walrus said...

In the distance the sound of a ringing gong is heard, she looks behind her and sees the sun setting atop the mountains. She releases a sigh that seems to come forth from the deepest regions of her soul. Another day; gone. Heavily she intakes the cooling air and she closes her eyes. Peace replaces confliction. Her weary heart no longer feels laden by the tragedies of the past. The defeated remains vanquished, and yet; slowly a victory is becoming apparant. Triumph! She smiles bittersweetly to herself. "The end may very well have come!" Her mind whispers vehemently in an attempt of self-sabotoge. "No!" She says aloud, unaware of those milling about still, watching her with suspiscion.

"For tomorrow arises a new dawn; and I have won."


-Self 4/14/08




The only victory that become known to a human being in such a manner that the person they are and have known changes completely is a victory of self-awareness. The slaughtering of doubt and hatred of one-self. The ability to see who you truly are inside, to see who you are in the mirror and not ask "who?" but say "you." Life has taught me many things over the years. A person deserves to be loved and respected for who they are. How may a person be loved for who they are if they choose not to BE who they are? If they do not reach within the turmoil and release Pandora's one remaining vigilance of Hope? Self-actualization is not a myth. It is not a newage line of yoga/meditation related garbage. It is truly the final step out of the past. The beginning of the pathway to the rest of ones' own life. I deserve to be happy. No, who I am deserves more than just mere happiness. I'm walking away from a past of choosing to surround myself with men who would rather let me fall to a tragic death than love me or respect me. I'm walking into the arms of my future. I will be fully enveloped by what love truly can be; all because I finally see who I am and that I deserve my heart's desire.

No comments: